Leisure centre set for wide-ranging upgrade
A FACELIFT is in store for Huntingdon Leisure Centre to provide a new health suite, a soft-play area for children and an interactive zone with electronic games. The work is expected to start next year and will include a refit to the changing rooms and p
A FACELIFT is in store for Huntingdon Leisure Centre to provide a new health suite, a soft-play area for children and an "interactive zone" with electronic games.
The work is expected to start next year and will include a refit to the changing rooms and provide a new heath suite and relaxation area, massage bed, holistic therapies and an extension to the Impression Fitness Suite.
The Sunset Café and Bar will also get an update.
Councillor Doug Dew, portfolio holder for leisure at Huntingdonshire District Council, said part of the plan was to combat obesity in children.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We see this part of the development as key to offering a wider range of activities for children of all ages and part of our input into combating the growth of childhood obesity.
"The interactive zone is designed for 10-16-year-olds to use the latest interactive gaming technology, while the soft play area will provide both challenging and stimulating play for children up to the age of 12.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 3 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 4 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 5 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 6 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 7 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 10 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
"We hope by encouraging both families and children into the centre that they can become accustomed to their surroundings and develop a healthy routine of activity.