Leisure centre set for wide-ranging upgrade
A FACELIFT is in store for Huntingdon Leisure Centre to provide a new health suite, a soft-play area for children and an interactive zone with electronic games. The work is expected to start next year and will include a refit to the changing rooms and p
A FACELIFT is in store for Huntingdon Leisure Centre to provide a new health suite, a soft-play area for children and an "interactive zone" with electronic games.
The work is expected to start next year and will include a refit to the changing rooms and provide a new heath suite and relaxation area, massage bed, holistic therapies and an extension to the Impression Fitness Suite.
The Sunset Café and Bar will also get an update.
Councillor Doug Dew, portfolio holder for leisure at Huntingdonshire District Council, said part of the plan was to combat obesity in children.
He said: "We see this part of the development as key to offering a wider range of activities for children of all ages and part of our input into combating the growth of childhood obesity.
"The interactive zone is designed for 10-16-year-olds to use the latest interactive gaming technology, while the soft play area will provide both challenging and stimulating play for children up to the age of 12.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 4 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 7 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
"We hope by encouraging both families and children into the centre that they can become accustomed to their surroundings and develop a healthy routine of activity.