Leaves on the line? Not a problem...
EARLY morning trains to London will leave slightly earlier to compensate for the effect of autumn leaf fall. Only three trains are affected, with two leaving Huntingdon and St Neots slightly earlier than timetabled. Arrival times at Kings Cross are not ch
EARLY morning trains to London will leave slightly earlier to compensate for the effect of autumn leaf fall.
Only three trains are affected, with two leaving Huntingdon and St Neots slightly earlier than timetabled. Arrival times at Kings Cross are not changed.
The 5.10am departure from Peterborough leaves three minutes earlier, but there is no change to departure times from Huntingdon and St Neots - 5.27 and 5.34 respectively.
The 6am from Peterborough will leave there at 5.58, Huntingdon at 6.13 instead of 6.15, and St Neots at 6.21 instead of 6.23.
You may also want to watch:
And the 6.48 from Huntingdon is re-timed for a minute earlier and leaves St Neots a minute earlier at 6.55am.
Train operator First Capital Connect said: "As leaves settle on the railway tracks they are compacted as soon as a train runs over them, turning the leaves into a hard Teflon-like coating - similar to driving a car on an icy road.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
"These conditions reduce the rate at which our trains can speed up and slow down and this in turn extends journey times.
"We are working closely with Network Rail to eliminate the problem by removing trees and bushes close to the railway lines and running special trains that remove the leaf mulch from the rails.