Leave Papworth Hospital where it is
IN my role as the local county councillor for the Addenbrooke s area and as Lib Dem spokesman for health I make the call yet again – don t move Papworth to Addenbrooke s for a number of reasons: It will add horrendous transport problems to an area already
IN my role as the local county councillor for the Addenbrooke's area and as Lib Dem spokesman for health I make the call yet again - don't move Papworth to Addenbrooke's for a number of reasons:
It will add horrendous transport problems to an area already under grave access issues.
Why not spend a fraction of the proposed mega-millions to improve the existing site at Papworth?
What assurances are there that sufficient staff would move to Cambridge?
You may also want to watch:
The growing costs are frightening, and somewhere down the line those costs will be passed on to local healthcare.
What our MPs doing to get Ministers to look afresh at these multi expensive PFI schemes?
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Councillor GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
Cambridgeshire County Council