Leave Papworth Hospital where it is
IN my role as the local county councillor for the Addenbrooke s area and as Lib Dem spokesman for health I make the call yet again – don t move Papworth to Addenbrooke s for a number of reasons: It will add horrendous transport problems to an area already
IN my role as the local county councillor for the Addenbrooke's area and as Lib Dem spokesman for health I make the call yet again - don't move Papworth to Addenbrooke's for a number of reasons:
It will add horrendous transport problems to an area already under grave access issues.
Why not spend a fraction of the proposed mega-millions to improve the existing site at Papworth?
What assurances are there that sufficient staff would move to Cambridge?
The growing costs are frightening, and somewhere down the line those costs will be passed on to local healthcare.
What our MPs doing to get Ministers to look afresh at these multi expensive PFI schemes?
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
Councillor GEOFFREY HEATHCOCK
Cambridgeshire County Council