League leading donation
EMPLOYEES at an award-winning Huntingdonshire estate agent have joined the list of kind-hearted people supporting The Hunts Post New Life Appeal. Peter Lane & Partners estate agents was recently named the winner of the movewithus elite group (MEG) league
EMPLOYEES at an award-winning Huntingdonshire estate agent have joined the list of kind-hearted people supporting The Hunts Post New Life Appeal.
Peter Lane & Partners estate agents was recently named the winner of the movewithus elite group (MEG) league, which included the 100 market-leading estate agents in the UK.
The league was judged on the number of referrals each company made to movewithus' network of solicitors.
As well as having the prestige of winning the league, Peter Lane & Partners was also given a £500 cash prize - £300 of which has been donated to the New Life Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The money will go towards the appeal's £70,000 fundraising target to improve facilities at the maternity unit and special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Roger Stoneman, director at Peter Lane, said: "We are proud to make this donation to what we feel is a very worthwhile cause.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
"All the staff were very keen to donate the money after reading about the appeal in The Hunts Post. We make many charitable donations to benefit the community and have in the past funded a new playground at Stukeley Meadows Primary School."
Nigel Higgins, movewithus founding director, said: "This year promises to be a tough year for the property industry, with some experts predicting a 20 per cent drop in sales.
"The MEG league combats these conditions by encouraging healthy competition between agents and keeps them working at their optimum levels. This provides the customer with a full range of property services and ensures a higher level of customer service.