League leading donation
EMPLOYEES at an award-winning Huntingdonshire estate agent have joined the list of kind-hearted people supporting The Hunts Post New Life Appeal. Peter Lane & Partners estate agents was recently named the winner of the movewithus elite group (MEG) league
EMPLOYEES at an award-winning Huntingdonshire estate agent have joined the list of kind-hearted people supporting The Hunts Post New Life Appeal.
Peter Lane & Partners estate agents was recently named the winner of the movewithus elite group (MEG) league, which included the 100 market-leading estate agents in the UK.
The league was judged on the number of referrals each company made to movewithus' network of solicitors.
As well as having the prestige of winning the league, Peter Lane & Partners was also given a £500 cash prize - £300 of which has been donated to the New Life Appeal.
The money will go towards the appeal's £70,000 fundraising target to improve facilities at the maternity unit and special care baby unit at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Roger Stoneman, director at Peter Lane, said: "We are proud to make this donation to what we feel is a very worthwhile cause.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 3 Could you give these pets a home?
- 4 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 5 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit in St Neots
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 9 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
"All the staff were very keen to donate the money after reading about the appeal in The Hunts Post. We make many charitable donations to benefit the community and have in the past funded a new playground at Stukeley Meadows Primary School."
Nigel Higgins, movewithus founding director, said: "This year promises to be a tough year for the property industry, with some experts predicting a 20 per cent drop in sales.
"The MEG league combats these conditions by encouraging healthy competition between agents and keeps them working at their optimum levels. This provides the customer with a full range of property services and ensures a higher level of customer service.