Last sermon for Bishop of Huntingdon
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester. Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester.
Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely Diocese in 1996. He was a Residentiary Canon of the Cathedral from 1996 to 2003, and was consecrated as the Bishop of Huntingdon in the autumn of 2003.
Several hundred people from parishes across the diocese packed the cathedral to hear Bishop John praised for his "outstanding ministry" by Dr Russell.
The Rural Dean of St Ives and Rector of Somersham with Pidley and Old Hurst, the Rev Christopher Barter, said: "Bishop John is so very approachable and accessible and is able to make an immediate response to pastoral and administrative problems.
You may also want to watch:
"He has a way of making people feel at ease and his good sense of humour is always at the heart of things."
Bishop John is married to Denise and they have two children, Eleanor, eight, and Olivia, three.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 Huntingdon business is first in UK to supply American craft beer