Last sermon for Bishop of Huntingdon
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester. Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester.
Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely Diocese in 1996. He was a Residentiary Canon of the Cathedral from 1996 to 2003, and was consecrated as the Bishop of Huntingdon in the autumn of 2003.
Several hundred people from parishes across the diocese packed the cathedral to hear Bishop John praised for his "outstanding ministry" by Dr Russell.
The Rural Dean of St Ives and Rector of Somersham with Pidley and Old Hurst, the Rev Christopher Barter, said: "Bishop John is so very approachable and accessible and is able to make an immediate response to pastoral and administrative problems.
"He has a way of making people feel at ease and his good sense of humour is always at the heart of things."
Bishop John is married to Denise and they have two children, Eleanor, eight, and Olivia, three.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 4 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer