Last sermon for Bishop of Huntingdon
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester. Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely
The Bishop of Huntingdon gave his last sermon in Ely Cathedral on Saturday before becoming the Bishop of Worcester.
Dr John Inge, pictured right with the Bishop of Ely, Dr Anthony Russell, who previously served in the Diocese of Newcastle, came to the Ely Diocese in 1996. He was a Residentiary Canon of the Cathedral from 1996 to 2003, and was consecrated as the Bishop of Huntingdon in the autumn of 2003.
Several hundred people from parishes across the diocese packed the cathedral to hear Bishop John praised for his "outstanding ministry" by Dr Russell.
The Rural Dean of St Ives and Rector of Somersham with Pidley and Old Hurst, the Rev Christopher Barter, said: "Bishop John is so very approachable and accessible and is able to make an immediate response to pastoral and administrative problems.
You may also want to watch:
"He has a way of making people feel at ease and his good sense of humour is always at the heart of things."
Bishop John is married to Denise and they have two children, Eleanor, eight, and Olivia, three.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens