Lads shun the limos to take tank to prom
YEAR 11 students from Abbey College in Ramsey came up with an unusual mode of transport to get them to their prom – they hired a military vehicle. The nine friends were collected from Upwood, arriving at the Burgess Hall in St Ives where the Year 11 Prom
YEAR 11 students from Abbey College in Ramsey came up with an unusual mode of transport to get them to their prom - they hired a military vehicle.
The nine friends were collected from Upwood, arriving at the Burgess Hall in St Ives where the Year 11 Prom was held.
Nick Howes, 16, said: "Lots of students seemed to be hiring stretch limos. We were all in cadet units so we came up with the idea of trying to have a military theme to our transport.
"We knew that Commando Elite Paintball Games of Monkswood had some vehicles so we contacted the owner, Mark Smith, and he said he was able to provide us with an armoured personnel carrier for the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The journey was exciting with each of us allowed to take turns in the two gun turrets. Inside, it was more comfortable than we had imagined.
"We certainly got plenty of attention when we arrived at the hall.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target