Lads shun the limos to take tank to prom
YEAR 11 students from Abbey College in Ramsey came up with an unusual mode of transport to get them to their prom – they hired a military vehicle. The nine friends were collected from Upwood, arriving at the Burgess Hall in St Ives where the Year 11 Prom
YEAR 11 students from Abbey College in Ramsey came up with an unusual mode of transport to get them to their prom - they hired a military vehicle.
The nine friends were collected from Upwood, arriving at the Burgess Hall in St Ives where the Year 11 Prom was held.
Nick Howes, 16, said: "Lots of students seemed to be hiring stretch limos. We were all in cadet units so we came up with the idea of trying to have a military theme to our transport.
"We knew that Commando Elite Paintball Games of Monkswood had some vehicles so we contacted the owner, Mark Smith, and he said he was able to provide us with an armoured personnel carrier for the evening.
You may also want to watch:
"The journey was exciting with each of us allowed to take turns in the two gun turrets. Inside, it was more comfortable than we had imagined.
"We certainly got plenty of attention when we arrived at the hall.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 3 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 4 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 5 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 6 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 7 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders