Kimbolton man left fighting for life following A14 pile-up
A KIMBOLTON man is in hospital in a critical condition following a four vehicle crash on the A14 at the weekend. The 58-year-old man was taken to Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge after the pile-up on the westbound carriageway at 11.30am on Saturday be
A KIMBOLTON man is in hospital in a critical condition following a four vehicle crash on the A14 at the weekend.
The 58-year-old man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge after the pile-up on the westbound carriageway at 11.30am on Saturday between Histon and Girton.
The man was trapped and suffered life threatening injuries when his Mercedes Sprinter van was in collision with two lorries and a red Ford Fiesta.
On Monday morning a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said the man was in a stable but critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the Ford Fiesta failed to stop and urged the driver to come forward.
It is not believed anyone else was injured in the crash.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
The A14 was closed in both directions.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Chris Breeze at the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.