Kimbolton man left fighting for life following A14 pile-up
A KIMBOLTON man is in hospital in a critical condition following a four vehicle crash on the A14 at the weekend. The 58-year-old man was taken to Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge after the pile-up on the westbound carriageway at 11.30am on Saturday be
A KIMBOLTON man is in hospital in a critical condition following a four vehicle crash on the A14 at the weekend.
The 58-year-old man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge after the pile-up on the westbound carriageway at 11.30am on Saturday between Histon and Girton.
The man was trapped and suffered life threatening injuries when his Mercedes Sprinter van was in collision with two lorries and a red Ford Fiesta.
On Monday morning a spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said the man was in a stable but critical condition.
Police said the Ford Fiesta failed to stop and urged the driver to come forward.
It is not believed anyone else was injured in the crash.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
The A14 was closed in both directions.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Chris Breeze at the roads policing unit on 0345 4564564.