Kieran’s on the go with new trike
A FIVE-year-old boy with mobility difficulties has been given an early Christmas present that will help to improve his quality of life. Kieran Fuller, who lives in Sawtry, has been given a specially adapted tricycle by a Pidley-based charity. It will hel
A FIVE-year-old boy with mobility difficulties has been given an early
Christmas present that will help to improve his quality of life.
Kieran Fuller, who lives in Sawtry, has been given a specially adapted tricycle by a Pidley-based charity.
It will help Kieran, who has Perthes Disease, which affects the femur bone and the hip socket, remain active.
You may also want to watch:
Kieran's mum, Tracey, said: "It has made my little boy so very happy now that he can play in the street with his friends thanks to the benefits of the tricycle and medical support for his condition as well."
The tricycle, which is operated by hand, was given to Kieran by the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team which provides equipment to disabled people in the Huntingdonshire area help raise their quality of life.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 10 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
Gil Boyd, chairman of the charity, said: "This has made a massive impact on this young man's life and that of his family, that's what we are all about."
Pidley Mountain Rescue Team was formed more than 30 years ago and is thought to be the only registered charity in the UK where every single penny goes to the purchase of a piece of specialist equipment for a disabled person each month.
INFORMATION: Anybody with a disability in the Huntingdonshire area who requires a specialist piece of equipment can contact Pidley
Mountain Rescue Team via its website www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk
To find out more about Perthes Disease visit www.perthes.org.uk