Kieran’s on the go with new trike
A FIVE-year-old boy with mobility difficulties has been given an early Christmas present that will help to improve his quality of life. Kieran Fuller, who lives in Sawtry, has been given a specially adapted tricycle by a Pidley-based charity. It will hel
A FIVE-year-old boy with mobility difficulties has been given an early
Christmas present that will help to improve his quality of life.
Kieran Fuller, who lives in Sawtry, has been given a specially adapted tricycle by a Pidley-based charity.
It will help Kieran, who has Perthes Disease, which affects the femur bone and the hip socket, remain active.
Kieran's mum, Tracey, said: "It has made my little boy so very happy now that he can play in the street with his friends thanks to the benefits of the tricycle and medical support for his condition as well."
The tricycle, which is operated by hand, was given to Kieran by the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team which provides equipment to disabled people in the Huntingdonshire area help raise their quality of life.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 4 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 8 Home of the week: Updated Victorian semi-detached house with garden for sale in St Neots
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
Gil Boyd, chairman of the charity, said: "This has made a massive impact on this young man's life and that of his family, that's what we are all about."
Pidley Mountain Rescue Team was formed more than 30 years ago and is thought to be the only registered charity in the UK where every single penny goes to the purchase of a piece of specialist equipment for a disabled person each month.
INFORMATION: Anybody with a disability in the Huntingdonshire area who requires a specialist piece of equipment can contact Pidley
Mountain Rescue Team via its website www.pidleymountainrescue.org.uk
To find out more about Perthes Disease visit www.perthes.org.uk