Kevin honoured for youth work
A CAMBRIDGESHIRE firefighter has received a prestigious award in recognition of his work with disadvantaged young people. Community safety fire officer Kevin James, who is based at Huntingdon fire station, has been given a Prince s Trust leadership award
A CAMBRIDGESHIRE firefighter has received a prestigious award in recognition of his work with disadvantaged young people.
Community safety fire officer Kevin James, who is based at Huntingdon fire station, has been given a Prince's Trust leadership award.
Kevin has been arranging for groups of UK youngsters to help orphans in Bulgaria.
Over the past 18 months he has helped provide three European programmes for the Prince's Trust.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I feel very honoured to have received this award and it was completely unexpected. I accepted the award on behalf of all the young people because without them this would have been impossible.
"The work I do is hard but equally it is very rewarding and it's something that I really enjoy."
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
He was nominated for the award by Prince's Trust development manager Richard Garnett. He said: "The enthusiasm, dedication and commitment Kevin has shown towards helping 25 disadvantaged young people to realise their potential and move into education, training or employment is quite exceptional.
"Kevin should be extremely proud of his achievements during this time and fully deserves to be recognised by this award.