Kent GPs to run St Neots super-surgery
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent. NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent.
NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre service.
NHS Cambridgeshire - the primary care trust - is currently concluding contract negotiations that will lead to the award of the contract. This follows an open tender process which allowed interested parties to make a bid, and will result in a better access to GPs in Cambridgeshire and improved patient care, the trust said.
"The new GP-led health centre will be open seven days a week from eight in the morning until eight in the evening, including weekends and bank holidays, offering extra GP services for Cambridgeshire people," a spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
"The new service does not replace any existing GP services across the county, but will complement them by offering patients GP and nurse appointments when their own surgery is closed and a drop-in facility throughout the week.
"Patients from St Neots and the surrounding villages will also be able to choose to register at the practice."
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
NHS Cambridgeshire is working with Malling Health to look at local permanent sites for the new centre. In the meantime, it is expected to be open by the end of the year in temporary premises.