Kent GPs to run St Neots super-surgery
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent. NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent.
NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre service.
NHS Cambridgeshire - the primary care trust - is currently concluding contract negotiations that will lead to the award of the contract. This follows an open tender process which allowed interested parties to make a bid, and will result in a better access to GPs in Cambridgeshire and improved patient care, the trust said.
"The new GP-led health centre will be open seven days a week from eight in the morning until eight in the evening, including weekends and bank holidays, offering extra GP services for Cambridgeshire people," a spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
"The new service does not replace any existing GP services across the county, but will complement them by offering patients GP and nurse appointments when their own surgery is closed and a drop-in facility throughout the week.
"Patients from St Neots and the surrounding villages will also be able to choose to register at the practice."
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
NHS Cambridgeshire is working with Malling Health to look at local permanent sites for the new centre. In the meantime, it is expected to be open by the end of the year in temporary premises.