Kent GPs to run St Neots super-surgery
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent. NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre
AS predicted exclusively in The Hunts Post, the new super-surgery planned for opening in St Neots later this year will be run by GPs from Kent.
NHS Cambridgeshire today announced that Malling Health is the preferred bidder for the new GP-led health centre service.
NHS Cambridgeshire - the primary care trust - is currently concluding contract negotiations that will lead to the award of the contract. This follows an open tender process which allowed interested parties to make a bid, and will result in a better access to GPs in Cambridgeshire and improved patient care, the trust said.
"The new GP-led health centre will be open seven days a week from eight in the morning until eight in the evening, including weekends and bank holidays, offering extra GP services for Cambridgeshire people," a spokesman added.
"The new service does not replace any existing GP services across the county, but will complement them by offering patients GP and nurse appointments when their own surgery is closed and a drop-in facility throughout the week.
"Patients from St Neots and the surrounding villages will also be able to choose to register at the practice."
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 3 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 4 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 5 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 6 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 7 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 8 School project raises awareness of endangered species
- 9 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 10 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
NHS Cambridgeshire is working with Malling Health to look at local permanent sites for the new centre. In the meantime, it is expected to be open by the end of the year in temporary premises.