Keep the cattle names coming
THE new things living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up. The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections – for the name of the animals, currently
THE new "things" living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up.
The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections - for the name of the animals, currently referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
The pair of male Highland Cattle have been brought in to the nature reserve to munch on the grassland to improve the environment for wildlife.
However, while the majority of suggestions so far have had a Scottish theme, six-year-old Evan Drury, from Eynesbury, suggested one of the cattle be called Rogan, after his dad's favourite curry. The other would be called Mac.
Other suggestions included Harris and Lewis, Dougal and Fife, Ben and Nevis, Hamish and Hector, Lochie and Nevis and Fudge and Smudge.
INFORMATION: Nominations for names close on Friday. Send your suggestions to the Paxton Pits rangers at email@example.com or e-mail
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
firstname.lastname@example.org with your names.