Keep the cattle names coming
THE new things living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up. The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections – for the name of the animals, currently
THE new "things" living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up.
The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections - for the name of the animals, currently referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
The pair of male Highland Cattle have been brought in to the nature reserve to munch on the grassland to improve the environment for wildlife.
However, while the majority of suggestions so far have had a Scottish theme, six-year-old Evan Drury, from Eynesbury, suggested one of the cattle be called Rogan, after his dad's favourite curry. The other would be called Mac.
You may also want to watch:
Other suggestions included Harris and Lewis, Dougal and Fife, Ben and Nevis, Hamish and Hector, Lochie and Nevis and Fudge and Smudge.
INFORMATION: Nominations for names close on Friday. Send your suggestions to the Paxton Pits rangers at firstname.lastname@example.org or e-mail
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 7 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
email@example.com with your names.