Keep the cattle names coming
THE new things living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up. The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections – for the name of the animals, currently
THE new "things" living at Paxton Pits have sparked a flurry of creativity as the competition to name the Highland cattle hots up.
The Hunts Post has received numerous suggestions _ mainly with Scottish connections - for the name of the animals, currently referred to as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
The pair of male Highland Cattle have been brought in to the nature reserve to munch on the grassland to improve the environment for wildlife.
However, while the majority of suggestions so far have had a Scottish theme, six-year-old Evan Drury, from Eynesbury, suggested one of the cattle be called Rogan, after his dad's favourite curry. The other would be called Mac.
You may also want to watch:
Other suggestions included Harris and Lewis, Dougal and Fife, Ben and Nevis, Hamish and Hector, Lochie and Nevis and Fudge and Smudge.
INFORMATION: Nominations for names close on Friday. Send your suggestions to the Paxton Pits rangers at email@example.com or e-mail
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
firstname.lastname@example.org with your names.