Just taking the Mickey
FOOTBALL charity Kick 4 Life s mascot Mickey The Monkey proved he was the business by winning the 8th wbx.com Mascot Grand National at Huntingdon Racecourse on Sunday. Kick 4 Life is a charity which raises AIDS awareness through football. The hilarious ra
FOOTBALL charity Kick 4 Life's mascot Mickey The Monkey proved he was the business by winning the 8th wbx.com Mascot Grand National at Huntingdon Racecourse on Sunday.
Kick 4 Life is a charity which raises AIDS awareness through football.
The hilarious race sees the mascots run, walk, stagger and stumble over obstacles on a gruelling one-furlong (220 yards) course. This year more than £2,000 was raised for The Children's Trust, a national charity for children with disabilities.
In a field of 70 mascots this year, Mickey sprinted clear to win, despite an attempted rugby tackle on him by Captain Blade, the big pirate from Sheffield United, in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
The winning presentation was made by last year's winner, Scoop Six Squirrel.
Sammy Saint, the mascot of Southampton Football Club was second, while twice winner Chaddy The Owl, from Oldham Athletic was fourth.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
Top 10 finishing order
1 Mickey The Monkey (Kick 4 Life)
2 Sammy Saint (Southampton FC)
3 H'Angus The Monkey (Hartlepool United FC)
4 Chaddy The Owl (Oldham Athletic FC)
5 Hariboy (Haribo Corporation)
6 Lesotho The Lion (Kick 4 Life)
7 Hoof It For Horses Harry (Intnl League for the Protection of Horses)
8 Uttrotter (Uttoxeter Racecourse)
9 Reggie The Red Devil (Crawley Town FC)
10 Nitro The Dragon (Santa Pod Raceway)