Jo’s caring nature
A FORMER nature reserve warden-turned-travel agent is helping to support wildlife projects in the UK and abroad by making donations to the Wildlife Trust. Jo Thomas, founder of Wild About India, which is based in Sapley Road, Hartford, is making donations
A FORMER nature reserve warden-turned-travel agent is helping to support wildlife projects in the UK and abroad by making donations to the Wildlife Trust.
Jo Thomas, founder of Wild About India, which is based in Sapley Road, Hartford, is making donations to the charity for everyone who books a trip through her company.
She is also planning a wildlife presentation at Brampton Parish Church Hall next month, with all the proceeds going to the Wildlife Trust.
The presentation will focus on a journey from the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean and will take place on Wednesday, December 6, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To continue helping the Wildlife Trust, Jo's company has become a corporate member of the charity.
"I hope I've shown that it really is possible to ensure that even a small business can find the funds to help their local Wildlife Trust and planet earth," Jo said.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 9 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
- 10 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
"I am really proud that we've achieved this so early in our company's history and I hope that other businesses, both large and small, will be inspired by this and follow suit. We really can make a difference.
"The sight of an endangered Bengal tiger in the wild is incredible, but we mustn't forget that here in Britain we have amazing and rare species that need our help, too.
"That's why I chose to support our local Wildlife Trust as a corporate member and have also decided to make a donation to a conservation project locally or in India for each person that books a trip."
Wild About India was set up by Jo after spending 14 years as a warden at Grafham Water Nature Reserve, run by the Wildlife Trust, then as a business development manager.
Donations from the company will be used for projects that help the network of nature reserves in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Some of the money will also go to India to support bird research projects and the establishment and protection of "wild" corridors for Asian Elephants and other fauna.
INFORMATION: To find out more about Jo's presentation, call 01480 370593 or visit www.wildaboutindia.com