Jo’s caring nature
A FORMER nature reserve warden-turned-travel agent is helping to support wildlife projects in the UK and abroad by making donations to the Wildlife Trust. Jo Thomas, founder of Wild About India, which is based in Sapley Road, Hartford, is making donations
A FORMER nature reserve warden-turned-travel agent is helping to support wildlife projects in the UK and abroad by making donations to the Wildlife Trust.
Jo Thomas, founder of Wild About India, which is based in Sapley Road, Hartford, is making donations to the charity for everyone who books a trip through her company.
She is also planning a wildlife presentation at Brampton Parish Church Hall next month, with all the proceeds going to the Wildlife Trust.
The presentation will focus on a journey from the Himalayas to the Indian Ocean and will take place on Wednesday, December 6, at 7.30pm.
To continue helping the Wildlife Trust, Jo's company has become a corporate member of the charity.
"I hope I've shown that it really is possible to ensure that even a small business can find the funds to help their local Wildlife Trust and planet earth," Jo said.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 7 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 8 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
"I am really proud that we've achieved this so early in our company's history and I hope that other businesses, both large and small, will be inspired by this and follow suit. We really can make a difference.
"The sight of an endangered Bengal tiger in the wild is incredible, but we mustn't forget that here in Britain we have amazing and rare species that need our help, too.
"That's why I chose to support our local Wildlife Trust as a corporate member and have also decided to make a donation to a conservation project locally or in India for each person that books a trip."
Wild About India was set up by Jo after spending 14 years as a warden at Grafham Water Nature Reserve, run by the Wildlife Trust, then as a business development manager.
Donations from the company will be used for projects that help the network of nature reserves in Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Some of the money will also go to India to support bird research projects and the establishment and protection of "wild" corridors for Asian Elephants and other fauna.
INFORMATION: To find out more about Jo's presentation, call 01480 370593 or visit www.wildaboutindia.com