Jazz @ The B Bar, Cambridge
SEVENTEEN top musicians bring swing-era jazz to life with a repertoire of Duke Ellington compositions at a night of fun, dancing and food at Bar B Cambridge, on Tuesday, January 22. The charity benefit evening to raise funds for the Prospects Trust recr
SEVENTEEN top musicians bring swing-era jazz to life with a repertoire of Duke Ellington compositions at a night of fun, dancing and food at Bar 'B' Cambridge, on Tuesday, January 22.
The charity benefit evening to raise funds for the Prospects Trust recreates the atmosphere of the 1930s Cotton Club.
The Prospects Trust (www.prospectstrust.org.uk) and its 18-acre organic market garden at Snakehall Farm in Reach works with people who have learning difficulties, providing training and jobs in horticulture.
The music for the charity gig comes from Michael Kilpatrick's jazz orchestra, Harmony in Harlem (www.harmonyin
harlem.co.uk), a Cambridge-based ensemble dedicated to the music of Duke Ellington, and includes music suitable for dancing the lindy hop, jitterbug as well as slow dances.
In between the sets of jazz, a benefit auction of promises will be conducted by Martin Millard of Cheffins.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
INFORMATION: Tickets, £20 including a hot buffet donated by Bar 'B', at 8 Market Passage, Cambridge. Dress informal. Starts 7pm, food from 7.30pm. All proceeds from the auction on the night goes to the Prospects Trust (charity 1048584).
Special sponsor tickets including a free glass of champagne, a rose and reserved seating, along with a voucher for a tour of the farm and six potted herbs of choice, are £50 each, or £400 for corporate tables including an acknowledgement on the evening's programme and online.
Tickets from the Prospect Trust at 01638 741551, 50 Swaffam Road, Reach CB25 0HZ) or from 'B' at the bar or online at Local Secrets, the online eating out, what's on and shopping website found at www.localsecrets.com