Jamie and Louise Redknapp meet burns victims
FOOTBALL star Jamie Redknapp and his pop singer wife Louise brightened up the day for young burns victims. The celebrity couple spent the afternoon last Wednesday playing and chatting with the children and volunteers of the annual burns camp at Grafham Wa
FOOTBALL star Jamie Redknapp and his pop singer wife Louise brightened up the day for young burns victims.
The celebrity couple spent the afternoon last Wednesday playing and chatting with the children and volunteers of the annual burns camp at Grafham Water.
The couple have been patrons of The Burned Children's Club for the past two years and this is the second year they have visited the camp.
They joined in with the fun on the inflatable assault course, signed autographs for the youngsters and had their photographs taken with the children.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Wade, a paediatric nurse who works at the St Andrew's Centre for Burns in Chelmsford, founded the charity in 1995, for children from eight-18.
It emerged from a discussion with a consultant who had just saved some children's lives after a fire in East London.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
"We said there was no support for the children after they left hospital and the consultant said he had worked in America where there were burns camps."
The charity raised funds for the first year and has run a holiday camp at Grafham Water each year since.
Ms Wade said: "Jamie and Louise are such a lovely, down to earth couple. We have corporate patrons but I wanted some for the children and they are ideal.
"They are approachable, and they are brilliant with the kids. They said they were amazed at how the youngsters got on with their lives as if nothing had happened to them.