Jade’s reward for anti-bully website
A NINE-year-old who created a website to help people affected by bullying has won recognition from a national charity. Jade Holmes, of Pyms Gardens, Abbotsley, launched www.whybully.co.uk in October and after just a few weeks it had received more than 50
A NINE-year-old who created a website to help people affected by bullying has won recognition from a national charity.
Jade Holmes, of Pyms Gardens, Abbotsley, launched www.whybully.co.uk in October and after just a few weeks it had received more than 50,000 hits.
In recognition of her hard work and commitment, one of the UK's leading bullying prevention charities, Beatbullying, has donated a friendship bench to Newton Primary School where Jade is a pupil.
Emma-Jane Cross, chief executive of Beatbullying, said: "We heard about Jade's website and her experiences, and think that she is a credit to herself, her family and her school."
You may also want to watch:
Jade suffered severe bullying and spent a period of time being home educated, but has since moved schools and is said to have settled in well. She told The Hunts Post she had created the website with the aim of helping everyone - the victims, their families and even the bullies".
Rhys Thrower, headteacher at the school praised Jade's initiative in creating the website. He said: "What I really like about the website is that it addresses not only the victims of bullying but also parents and the bullies themselves. As a school we are very proud of her efforts to help others."
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
Jade has now left www.whybully.co.uk due to workload but the website is continuing.