It’s light work for the mayor
THE Mayor of Huntingdon will this Friday launch the town s Christmas lights 500 Club – a campaign to provide better seasonal lights for Huntingdon. Councillor Jennifer Sarabia will be in the Market Square at 11am to unveil the campaign s fundraising barom
THE Mayor of Huntingdon will this Friday launch the town's Christmas lights 500 Club - a campaign to provide better seasonal lights for Huntingdon.
Councillor Jennifer Sarabia will be in the Market Square at 11am to unveil the campaign's fundraising barometer, which will be regularly updated.
Each year, it costs £10,000 to light up the town for Christmas - and this figure does not include any improvements.
The 500 Club, which will involve a monthly draw with cash prizes, will be used to help raise some of the extra investment needed.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will cost £2 each month with half the money being given out as prizes, and the rest going into the Christmas lights pot.
Flyers with details of how to join the 500 Club will be available in shops and public places, including the Card Gallery, in Huntingdon High Street, town council officers, the Commemoration Hall, Saxongate and from The Hunts Post offices.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
Members of the 500 Club can buy as many £2 tickets as they wish each month in batches for six months or a year.
INFORMATION: Cheques should be marked: "Huntingdon Town Centre 500 Club" and sent to Huntingdon Town Centre Partnership, 10A Princes Street, PE29 3PA from next Monday.