It’s just the job!
THE JOBCENTRE in Huntingdon has been given a face-lift and integrated with the town s Social Security Office to provide an innovative way of helping people find employment. The new centre, which was opened by Huntingdon Mayor Cllr Helen Mallett last Th
THE JOBCENTRE in Huntingdon has been given a face-lift and integrated with the town's Social Security Office to provide an innovative way of helping people find employment.
The new centre, which was opened by Huntingdon Mayor Cllr Helen Mallett last Thursday, will give jobseekers the opportunity to access nearly half-a-million vacancies both nationally and internationally using touch-screen Jobpoints.
Located in Hartford Road, the new centre is also set to make it easier for people to claim benefits, as it has joined with the Soical Security Office.
Cllr Mallett told The Hunts Post: "The centre is very state of the art, the changes may be cosmetic but I believe the new centre will help even more local people find employment."
The new centre is one of five that will be set up across Cambridgeshire as part of a national rollout costing £2.2. billion with the aim of creating a better service to the public.
Tina Ellis, district manager for Cambridgeshire Jobcentre Plus, who attended the opening along with Jobcentre Plus manager Neal Nineham, said: "Huntingdon Jobcentre Plus will provide a complete service to jobseekers and employers. People can obtain advice on working age benefits and meet personal advisers who can provide personalised help on all aspects of work and training opportunities."
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
INFORMATION: To find out more contact Jobcentre Plus on 0845 603 2451 or Jobseeker Direct on 0845 6060 234 or visit www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk