It’s festival time again
AS summer is now just around the corner, it s time to get excited about this year s local music festivals. As always, a great array of local and national talent at your disposal on your doorstep is assured. Here s what we know so far: STRAWBERRY FAIR: J
AS summer is now just around the corner, it's time to get excited about this year's local music festivals. As always, a great array of local and national talent at your disposal on your doorstep is assured. Here's what we know so far:
STRAWBERRY FAIR: JUNE 3
Held at Midsummer Common in Cambridge, this festival is a local favourite, often featuring a staggering amount of the premium local talent as well as a good selection of food, drink and market stalls. Free entry, line-up currently in discussion but fundraising gigs are already taking place at Cambridge venues.
POP IN THE PARK: JULY 14
You may also want to watch:
The yearly free outdoor concert at Parker's Piece, Cambridge, organised by Cambridge City Council. Line-up to be announced soon.
CAMBRIDGE FOLK FESITVAL: JULY 27-30
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 4 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Line-up includes: Emmylou Harris, Richard Thompson, Cerys Mathews, The Chieftains, Eddi Reader, Nizlopi and Ezio. Tickets are on sale from April 30. The ticket line is: 01223 357851 Box Office, Cambridge Corn Exchange.
ROCKINBEERFEST: AUGUST 18-20
The biggest local rock festival, now in its third year. To be held this year at the Britten Arena, Wood Green Animal Shelter, Godmanchester. Line-up includes: Wilko Johnson, The Hamsters, Frankie Millers Full House, The Blockheads, and John Otway, as well as several unsigned acts, including Big 10, Badger, and Dear Old Blighty. Tickets are available now by calling 0845 299 0845
nInformation about the St Ives Carnival, Needingworth Festival and any other local events will be here as soon as we find out more.