It’s double delight for St Ives firm after scooping awards at ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A company director who thought a prestigious award was “a bridge too far” is celebrating after being recognised for his firm’s impact in the construction industry.
Bob Black, of St Ives contractor Bob Black Construction Ltd, and his team were presented with two awards at the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) national awards.
The firm was recognised for its commitment to outstanding standards of presentation and professionalism, and receieved a gold award from the judges.
The panel also felt that the business, based in Hemingford Road, showed “first class levels of engagement with local schoolchildren and exceptional consideration of the wider community”.
On the night the family-run contractor was also runner-up in Most Considerate Company category.
You may also want to watch:
“I always thought the gold award was a bridge too far knowing the standards and requirements of the CCS for this award.
“I was stunned at the gold award but to be overall runner-up for the Most Considerate Constructors Award was extraordinary,” said Mr Black.
- 1 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 2 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 3 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 4 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 5 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 Fire service set to step in with vaccine roll-out
- 8 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 9 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 10 St Neots woman is distributing free school meals
The company has been a part of the scheme for the last six years, with judges monitoring shortlisted companies before the awards ceremony takes place.
In the last three years the company was awarded a bronze and silver award and this year received the top accolade.
While being considered for the award, the firm was assessed in a range of areas.
The awards recognise the highest performing companies and suppliers which have demonstrated excellence in relation to the community, the environment and their workforce.
By registering with the scheme, companies and suppliers demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the image of the industry.