It’s double delight for St Ives firm after scooping awards at ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A company director who thought a prestigious award was “a bridge too far” is celebrating after being recognised for his firm’s impact in the construction industry.
Bob Black, of St Ives contractor Bob Black Construction Ltd, and his team were presented with two awards at the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) national awards.
The firm was recognised for its commitment to outstanding standards of presentation and professionalism, and receieved a gold award from the judges.
The panel also felt that the business, based in Hemingford Road, showed “first class levels of engagement with local schoolchildren and exceptional consideration of the wider community”.
On the night the family-run contractor was also runner-up in Most Considerate Company category.
You may also want to watch:
“I always thought the gold award was a bridge too far knowing the standards and requirements of the CCS for this award.
“I was stunned at the gold award but to be overall runner-up for the Most Considerate Constructors Award was extraordinary,” said Mr Black.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
The company has been a part of the scheme for the last six years, with judges monitoring shortlisted companies before the awards ceremony takes place.
In the last three years the company was awarded a bronze and silver award and this year received the top accolade.
While being considered for the award, the firm was assessed in a range of areas.
The awards recognise the highest performing companies and suppliers which have demonstrated excellence in relation to the community, the environment and their workforce.
By registering with the scheme, companies and suppliers demonstrate a strong commitment to improving the image of the industry.