It’s bin a long time
WHEN I requested a blue bin from Huntingdonshire District Council on January 8 to recycle my dry waste, I was told there would be a six week wait before delivery. As it is now March and still no sign of the blue bin, I called HDC to inquire when I should
WHEN I requested a blue bin from Huntingdonshire District Council on January 8 to recycle my dry waste, I was told there would be a six week wait before delivery.
As it is now March and still no sign of the blue bin, I called HDC to inquire when I should expect delivery.
After checking, they informed me that, according to their files, I had already received it. As this was incorrect, I was told they would order me another one. I asked how much longer would I have to wait for this one - four weeks.
It will, therefore, be April before I receive my blue recycle bin.
I have tried to be green but have found the HDC to be failing their end. Surely my request is not too difficult: all I want to be able to do is recycle.
MRS S SEARLE, Hardwick Road, Eynesbury
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 More than 2,000 potholes need repairing in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
* Editor's note: HDC's head of operations, Robert Ward, owned up to the council's error. Mrs Searle's address had not been noted and that oversight had not been followed up. He promised that she would have her blue bin before this issue of The Hunts Post was published.