It's a dog's life
A bit of Tottie silenced a whole assembly hall of primary school children in Wyton. Youngsters were kept entertained by 11-year-old lurcher Tottie and her owner Janet Everett, as the pair paid a visit to explain more about the work of charity Pets As The
A bit of Tottie silenced a whole assembly hall of primary school children in Wyton.
Youngsters were kept entertained by 11-year-old lurcher Tottie and her owner Janet Everett, as the pair paid a visit to explain more about the work of charity Pets As Therapy (or PAT).
The greyhound cross dog took time out from her visits to hospitals and residential care homes to attend Wyton Primary School for a special assembly, where pupils had the opportunity to shake paws with the canine.
As one of the PAT dogs, Tottie has undergone rigorous training to allow her to make visits in the community to help brighten the days of those in need or suffering from illness. She also helps people who fear dogs to overcome their phobias.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Jane Thorley said: "The children absolutely loved it, as they were able to stroke the dog, who was as soft as a brush. It was quite amazing as Tottie kept them all quiet - and of course, they all wanted to pat her - even the ones who are scared of dogs."
The school hopes to welcome back more canine PAT friends in the future.
- 1 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 2 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 3 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 6 New superintendent for Hunts is familiar face from TV crime documentary
- 7 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 8 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
* Pictured here are Year 2 pupils Jade and Bradley with Tottie, a greyhound rescue dog, from Needingworth.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the PAT visit to Wyton, visit www.wytonprimaryschool.ik.org
Picture: HELEN SOUTH (7167)