It's a dog's life
A bit of Tottie silenced a whole assembly hall of primary school children in Wyton. Youngsters were kept entertained by 11-year-old lurcher Tottie and her owner Janet Everett, as the pair paid a visit to explain more about the work of charity Pets As The
A bit of Tottie silenced a whole assembly hall of primary school children in Wyton.
Youngsters were kept entertained by 11-year-old lurcher Tottie and her owner Janet Everett, as the pair paid a visit to explain more about the work of charity Pets As Therapy (or PAT).
The greyhound cross dog took time out from her visits to hospitals and residential care homes to attend Wyton Primary School for a special assembly, where pupils had the opportunity to shake paws with the canine.
As one of the PAT dogs, Tottie has undergone rigorous training to allow her to make visits in the community to help brighten the days of those in need or suffering from illness. She also helps people who fear dogs to overcome their phobias.
You may also want to watch:
Head teacher Jane Thorley said: "The children absolutely loved it, as they were able to stroke the dog, who was as soft as a brush. It was quite amazing as Tottie kept them all quiet - and of course, they all wanted to pat her - even the ones who are scared of dogs."
The school hopes to welcome back more canine PAT friends in the future.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 9 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
* Pictured here are Year 2 pupils Jade and Bradley with Tottie, a greyhound rescue dog, from Needingworth.
INFORMATION: To find out more about the PAT visit to Wyton, visit www.wytonprimaryschool.ik.org
Picture: HELEN SOUTH (7167)