It’s a class act!
A TEAM of dedicated parents and staff gathered in two new brightly coloured classrooms at Fenstanton pre-school after helping to raise over £40,000 in three years. The money will also pay for an large, outside play area. It is a combination of fundraisi
A TEAM of dedicated parents and staff gathered in two new brightly coloured classrooms at Fenstanton pre-school after helping to raise over £40,000 in three years.
The money will also pay for an large, outside play area. It is a combination of fundraising events held in Fenstanton, financial support from Cambridgeshire County Council Care and Education Partnership and Cambridgeshire County Council Education Property.
Pre-school chairman, Elaine Ward said: "The pre-school has been in the village for over 30 years and these fantastic new classrooms are an asset to our already well established and highly commended pre-school.
"We cannot thank enough, the parents who have given their time and energy to this project and the support provided by Cambridgeshire County Council."
To celebrate and give thanks, the pre-school will be holding their official opening tomorrow (Thursday) November 9 at 1pm, to which all village residents are invited.
Roseann White, pre-school supervisor said: "We have been waiting a long time for all this to happen and are delighted with the facilities we can now offer. We have given a lot of children much support and encouragement over the years to prepare them for school and often catch up on how they have progressed in later life.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash