It ain’t half awarding, mum!
A PERFORMING arts charity for children in St Neots held its very own Oscars evening hosted by a former EastEnders and It Ain t Alf Hot Mum actor. Two hundred people attended Peppercorn s black tie awards ceremony held at the Priory Centre on Saturday A
A PERFORMING arts charity for children in St Neots held its very own Oscars evening hosted by a former EastEnders and It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum actor.
Two hundred people attended Peppercorn's black tie awards ceremony held at the Priory Centre on Saturday April 29.
Nicki Compson, Peppercorns committee member and organiser of the Oscars evening, said: "It was our chance to celebrate the children's achievements throughout the year and for them to show off their talents to the community."
The awards were presented by former EastEnders actor Melvyn Hayes whose children attend Peppercorns and who is probably best known for his role as Gunner 'Gloria' Beaumont in the BBC sitcom It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum.
You may also want to watch:
At the ceremony the Peppercorns, who recently performed at the Albert Hall, dressed up in disco clothes and danced to Saturday Night Fever. They also treated the audience to a dress rehearsal of their production of The Rain Garden by Muzolf, which they will be performing in August.
The categories for the night consisted of best singer, best dancer, best actor and best film. Rikki Ansell won the Peppercorn of the Year award for best overall student and two other winners won sponsorship places to the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London this August.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 9 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
Peppercorns is a charitable theatre group based in St Neots consisting of about 160 children who meet every Sunday at the Priory Centre.