Is St Neots council wasting our money?
ISN T everyone fed up with councillors splashed all over our papers? They re not photogenic and must be putting advertisers off. If they carry on like this not only will St Neots have lost its post office, its Register Office, JobCentre, Bargroves Centre
ISN'T everyone fed up with councillors splashed all over our papers? They're not photogenic and must be putting advertisers off. If they carry on like this not only will St Neots have lost its post office, its Register Office, JobCentre, Bargroves Centre and probably the Priory Centre as well, but we'll be in danger of losing our local papers.
St Neots councillors just seek publicity and do nothing except waste our money - £40,000 decorating offices they plan to demolish, £150,000 on unsafe Christmas lights without checking they were safe and would work, and heaven knows how much on a lottery people just don't want. And this year they will spend tens of thousands of pounds more on useless consultants.
They've done nothing about our cinema, swimming pool, transport, roads or pavements, dying shops or anything else that people want and the town desperately needs. St Neots never gets anything because councillors think fooling residents with empty words and silly pictures is all they have to do.
I suggest Councillor Giles gets the fag packet he worked out his 10 per cent tax increase on and use the other side to list what we were promised and haven't had.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire