Is St Neots council wasting our money?
ISN T everyone fed up with councillors splashed all over our papers? They re not photogenic and must be putting advertisers off. If they carry on like this not only will St Neots have lost its post office, its Register Office, JobCentre, Bargroves Centre
ISN'T everyone fed up with councillors splashed all over our papers? They're not photogenic and must be putting advertisers off. If they carry on like this not only will St Neots have lost its post office, its Register Office, JobCentre, Bargroves Centre and probably the Priory Centre as well, but we'll be in danger of losing our local papers.
St Neots councillors just seek publicity and do nothing except waste our money - £40,000 decorating offices they plan to demolish, £150,000 on unsafe Christmas lights without checking they were safe and would work, and heaven knows how much on a lottery people just don't want. And this year they will spend tens of thousands of pounds more on useless consultants.
They've done nothing about our cinema, swimming pool, transport, roads or pavements, dying shops or anything else that people want and the town desperately needs. St Neots never gets anything because councillors think fooling residents with empty words and silly pictures is all they have to do.
I suggest Councillor Giles gets the fag packet he worked out his 10 per cent tax increase on and use the other side to list what we were promised and haven't had.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire