Invitation to legal cruise
A SPECIAL event in St Ives is urging petrol heads to take part in a legal cruise this Saturday. Show and Shine event, which is being run by Cambridgeshire Police in conjunction with the LEL nightclub, will take place from noon at the LEL/Lordgate Engine
A SPECIAL event in St Ives is urging 'petrol heads' to take part in a legal cruise this Saturday.
Show and Shine event, which is being run by Cambridgeshire Police in conjunction with the LEL nightclub, will take place from noon at the LEL/Lordgate Engineering site in London Road.
The aim of the event is to promote road safety and give cruise enthusiasts an opportunity to show off their skills and vehicles.
Sector Inspector Angus McNeill said: "The Show and Shine event is an opportunity for people to take part in a legal cruise event.
You may also want to watch:
"We have had some problems with groups hanging around the St Ives industrial estate and driving in an anti-social manner and wanted to give people an opportunity to participate in their hobby in a legal drive."
The event will see a decibel competition between drivers, a fair, face painting, a graffiti artist and an opportunity for people to show off their cars. Motorists will also be able to test out their driving skills in a Toyota Yaris, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue will carry out a crash reconstruction.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’