Invitation to legal cruise
A SPECIAL event in St Ives is urging petrol heads to take part in a legal cruise this Saturday. Show and Shine event, which is being run by Cambridgeshire Police in conjunction with the LEL nightclub, will take place from noon at the LEL/Lordgate Engine
A SPECIAL event in St Ives is urging 'petrol heads' to take part in a legal cruise this Saturday.
Show and Shine event, which is being run by Cambridgeshire Police in conjunction with the LEL nightclub, will take place from noon at the LEL/Lordgate Engineering site in London Road.
The aim of the event is to promote road safety and give cruise enthusiasts an opportunity to show off their skills and vehicles.
Sector Inspector Angus McNeill said: "The Show and Shine event is an opportunity for people to take part in a legal cruise event.
You may also want to watch:
"We have had some problems with groups hanging around the St Ives industrial estate and driving in an anti-social manner and wanted to give people an opportunity to participate in their hobby in a legal drive."
The event will see a decibel competition between drivers, a fair, face painting, a graffiti artist and an opportunity for people to show off their cars. Motorists will also be able to test out their driving skills in a Toyota Yaris, and Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue will carry out a crash reconstruction.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 8 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'