Interview with the Deadlines
The first week of the competition has seen some fascinating entries, one of which was by St Ives band, The Deadlines. Their track, As You Wish, is a bright, breezy anthemic number. Almost Famous caught up with singer, Gavin Bates. Almost Famous: What is
The first week of the competition has seen some fascinating entries, one of which was by St Ives band, The Deadlines. Their track, As You Wish, is a bright, breezy anthemic number. Almost Famous caught up with singer, Gavin Bates.
Almost Famous: What is the song about?
Gavin Bates (The Deadlines): As You Wish is ultimately a love song and was really the first time I'd let the romantic side out of me in years and hidden away my more natural cynical side.
AF: When and where was it recorded?
GB: The song was recorded at Zoo Studios in Milton at the end of 2006. Although Zoo may not be cutting edge, this is the first time I've worked with people who really understood the band and the songs.
AF: Where can the general public hear it?
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 4 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 7 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 8 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
GB: CDs can be purchased from our gigs or through our myspace or email:
www.myspace.com/thedeadlinesband or email@example.com We also plan to sell the tracks online soon.
AF: What are your ambitions for the band?
GB: My ambitions for The Deadlines are infinite. I truly believe we have some of the best songs the world has never heard.
AF: How much would it mean to you to win this competition?
To be acknowledged as a great songwriter would give me great personal satisfaction. I'm not a natural musician but I challenge you to find someone who is more passionate about what he writes and plays.