Interview with the Deadlines
The first week of the competition has seen some fascinating entries, one of which was by St Ives band, The Deadlines. Their track, As You Wish, is a bright, breezy anthemic number. Almost Famous caught up with singer, Gavin Bates. Almost Famous: What is
The first week of the competition has seen some fascinating entries, one of which was by St Ives band, The Deadlines. Their track, As You Wish, is a bright, breezy anthemic number. Almost Famous caught up with singer, Gavin Bates.
Almost Famous: What is the song about?
Gavin Bates (The Deadlines): As You Wish is ultimately a love song and was really the first time I'd let the romantic side out of me in years and hidden away my more natural cynical side.
AF: When and where was it recorded?
You may also want to watch:
GB: The song was recorded at Zoo Studios in Milton at the end of 2006. Although Zoo may not be cutting edge, this is the first time I've worked with people who really understood the band and the songs.
AF: Where can the general public hear it?
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
GB: CDs can be purchased from our gigs or through our myspace or email:
www.myspace.com/thedeadlinesband or firstname.lastname@example.org We also plan to sell the tracks online soon.
AF: What are your ambitions for the band?
GB: My ambitions for The Deadlines are infinite. I truly believe we have some of the best songs the world has never heard.
AF: How much would it mean to you to win this competition?
To be acknowledged as a great songwriter would give me great personal satisfaction. I'm not a natural musician but I challenge you to find someone who is more passionate about what he writes and plays.