Insulation regulations are useless
PCSO Zally Huseyin has a £400,000 house that leaks heat like a colander ( Officer feels the heat in police search , August 6). She feels she has been ripped off. She has – good and proper. She has been stitched up like a kipper, like the rest of us mere m
PCSO Zally Huseyin has a £400,000 house that leaks heat like a colander ("Officer feels the heat in police search", August 6).
She feels she has been ripped off. She has - good and proper. She has been stitched up like a kipper, like the rest of us mere mortals.
She should now be aware that all the relevant stakeholders in this debacle (materials manufacturers, architects, building control, builders) will all blame and hide behind each other.
The managing director of the developer says: "All our homes are built to the highest specification" etc, and that they conform to all the energy legislation and regulations, which proves to us that those standards are in fact useless. You would have thought, following campaigns by all sorts of eco-warriors, that a house four years old would have performed somewhat better than showing up like lights on a Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
As if to offer some solace, the MD goes on to say that each property is independently assessed before occupation, and that his company had carried out further examinations, and the property complied with all the relevant standards - pity, because it still leaks like a sieve.
My advice would be that a Home Information Pack confirming that the property meets the relevant standards would be as much use to a new owner as an ashtray on a motorbike.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Hot air balloon 'makes surprise appearance' at primary school
- 3 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
- 4 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 5 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 6 MP warns EWR rail bosses of 'significant impact' of project
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 9 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 10 New parliamentary map proposed for Huntingdon and St Neots
It makes you wish all the eco-warriors would leave us alone. Instead of worrying about whether the oil and gas were running out, you would think they would worry about Russia controlling it all.
M C HAINES
St Audrey Lane