Institute celebrates its 90th anniversary
CELEBRATIONS are taking place in the Stukeleys to mark 90 years of the Women s Institute in the two villages. All present and past members are being invited to a party at Great Stukeley Village Hall and a booklet has been written by president, Jan Sly – a
CELEBRATIONS are taking place in the Stukeleys to mark 90 years of the Women's Institute in the two villages.
All present and past members are being invited to a party at Great Stukeley Village Hall and a booklet has been written by president, Jan Sly - a member for nearly 30 years.
Mrs Sly, whose husband's family has lived in the Stukeleys for the past 400 years, told The Hunts Post: "There are some fascinating bits of information noted down in the minutes over the years, including how to cure a pig and during the Second World War, one of the prizes was three eggs."
Mrs Sly said members of the group would receive a free copy of the 16-page booklet and a commemorative keyring with the village signs of Little Stukeley on one side and Great Stukeley on the other.
You may also want to watch:
The branch is also creating a special table cloth which every member signs and has her name embroidered on to.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor