Institute celebrates its 90th anniversary
CELEBRATIONS are taking place in the Stukeleys to mark 90 years of the Women s Institute in the two villages. All present and past members are being invited to a party at Great Stukeley Village Hall and a booklet has been written by president, Jan Sly – a
CELEBRATIONS are taking place in the Stukeleys to mark 90 years of the Women's Institute in the two villages.
All present and past members are being invited to a party at Great Stukeley Village Hall and a booklet has been written by president, Jan Sly - a member for nearly 30 years.
Mrs Sly, whose husband's family has lived in the Stukeleys for the past 400 years, told The Hunts Post: "There are some fascinating bits of information noted down in the minutes over the years, including how to cure a pig and during the Second World War, one of the prizes was three eggs."
Mrs Sly said members of the group would receive a free copy of the 16-page booklet and a commemorative keyring with the village signs of Little Stukeley on one side and Great Stukeley on the other.
You may also want to watch:
The branch is also creating a special table cloth which every member signs and has her name embroidered on to.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages