Inspirational charity chief wins accolade from former university
- Credit: Archant
The chief executive of Magpas has been awarded a prestigious accolade for his inspirational work from his former university.
Daryl Brown, who is also the mayor of Huntingdon, received this year’s Anglian Ruskin University Alumni Success in Business award in front of graduates from the university’s international business school.
After graduating with an MA in management in 2009, Mr Brown was appointed Magpas chief executive in 2011 and increased its revenue five-fold in his first two years.
He has also developed the organisation’s governance structure, bringing in additional business experience to support the existing clinical expertise, and creating a more commercially-focused board.
Vice chancellor Professor Iain Martin, said: “Magpas was founded by Anglia Ruskin Honorary degree holder, Neville Silverston. And it seems fitting that the organisation should today be led by another Anglia Ruskin award holder.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to his demanding day job, Daryl also finds time to fulfil a variety of commitments within the wider community. As an Anglia Ruskin alumnus with a remarkable track-record of success, achieved so early in his career, Daryl will be an inspirational role model for our business students.”
The award is given to a former Anglia Ruskin student every year to celebrate their success and to inspire the next generation of graduates.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 7 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 10 Wood Green animal charity launches appeal for new cattery