Inspectors praise playgroup staff
STAFF at a Sawtry playgroup have been commended by Ofsted inspectors for their motivation and desire to help each of their children learn. Inspectors who visited Buttons and Bows Playgroup said the teaching was good and the children had a good understandi
STAFF at a Sawtry playgroup have been commended by Ofsted inspectors for their motivation and desire to help each of their children learn.
Inspectors who visited Buttons and Bows Playgroup said the teaching was good and the children had a good understanding of right and wrong.
The report said: "Children's confidence and self-esteem are sensitively nurtured and the positive environment promotes the development of the attitudes and dispositions that enable them to achieve in their future learning."
The pre-school is good at ensuring children are healthy, safe and achieving to the best of their abilities. Inspectors said: "Children's behaviour is good throughout the sessions and they
competently organise turn-taking and sharing. They show concern for each other."
The partnership with parents was also said to be good with "parents' views being actively sought through questionnaires".
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
Staff were also praised for their
experience, hard work and attention to detail, which ensured "the children's needs were being consistently met" and that all youngsters are made to feel
The pre-school's manager, Julie Howells, was also singled out for particular praise: "The manager is highly motivated and has a very positive attitude. Her enthusiasm is mirrored by staff and creates a positive atmosphere within the setting."
Julie Howells told The Hunts Post: "We are all extremely pleased with the outcome of the report. We have worked hard and come a long way and are now seeing the benefits.
"Our commitment to enhance the learning of our children, develop their independence, self esteem and confidence shows a true reflection of what our pre-school is all about."
In terms of future improvements the report suggested the playgroup staff should provide children with more opportunities to view words, letters and numbers.
INFORMATION: Buttons and Bows Playgroup operates out of The Old School Hall in Sawtry, catering for 18 children aged from two to five. To view the report in full visit www.ofsted.gov.uk