Industry leaders take home top manufacturing award
Market leaders in manufacturing food processing and packaging machinery, DC Norris & Company Ltd (DCN) has been crowned winner of a prestigious accolade at an industry awards event.
The company, based in Great Gransden, won the Processing and Packaging Manufacturer of the Year category at the PPMA Group Industry Awards.
DCN received the manufacturer award for its outstanding efforts both in the UK and overseas markets in what has been a record breaking year for sales of its food processing systems.
The PPMA judging panel said that the firm, which has been operating for more than 45 years, stood out due to its remarkable sales growth, new innovations and product development, along with customer service and staff development.
Managing director, David Norris, said: “The team are delighted to receive this award in recognition of their hard work, skill and dedication. We are continually striving to improve our technologies and customer service to meet the needs of food producers today.”
You may also want to watch:
During the past year the company has had one of the busiest periods in its history, securing major contracts for some of largest food producers globally.
These include an ethnic convenience food manufacturing facility, with rice and sauce equipment, and expanding the cooking capabilities of a leading UK high-quality ready meals business which is privately owned.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
Overseas, they have also received large orders from Australia, USA, UAE, South Africa, Azerbaijan and Saudi Arabia.
In the first half of 2016, DCN took on even more agents to add to its expanding portfolio; in Pakistan, India and Israel.
The PPMA, which organises the awards, is the trade association for processing and packaging equipment manufacturers.
The awards event was attended by more than 400 leaders and innovators from across the sector.