Indiscipline on A1
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users. It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted – otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indi
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users.
It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted - otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indication whatsoever?
Couple this with a plethora of defective lights (one headlight not working, no brake lights etc) and even a few vehicles with their reversing light illuminated whilst travelling forwards. Doesn't anyone ever check their own lights these days?
I suppose that, as there are visual/audible warnings on the dashboard of most modern cars, drivers forget that they should check other items not provided with automatic alerts.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, when was the Highway Code amended and the term "overtaking lane" removed, allowing drivers to sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with no traffic on the inside lane? It is no wonder that there are accidents daily on our major roads.
A T MELLOR, Nursery Walk, Brampton
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 10 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year