Indiscipline on A1
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users. It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted – otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indi
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users.
It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted - otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indication whatsoever?
Couple this with a plethora of defective lights (one headlight not working, no brake lights etc) and even a few vehicles with their reversing light illuminated whilst travelling forwards. Doesn't anyone ever check their own lights these days?
I suppose that, as there are visual/audible warnings on the dashboard of most modern cars, drivers forget that they should check other items not provided with automatic alerts.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, when was the Highway Code amended and the term "overtaking lane" removed, allowing drivers to sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with no traffic on the inside lane? It is no wonder that there are accidents daily on our major roads.
A T MELLOR, Nursery Walk, Brampton
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton