Indiscipline on A1
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users. It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted – otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indi
AS a daily commuter on the A1, I am constantly amazed by the inconsiderate actions of other road users.
It is obvious that quite a lot of drivers assume everyone else has a crystal ball fitted - otherwise, why do they drift from lane to lane with no indication whatsoever?
Couple this with a plethora of defective lights (one headlight not working, no brake lights etc) and even a few vehicles with their reversing light illuminated whilst travelling forwards. Doesn't anyone ever check their own lights these days?
I suppose that, as there are visual/audible warnings on the dashboard of most modern cars, drivers forget that they should check other items not provided with automatic alerts.
Finally, when was the Highway Code amended and the term "overtaking lane" removed, allowing drivers to sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway with no traffic on the inside lane? It is no wonder that there are accidents daily on our major roads.
A T MELLOR, Nursery Walk, Brampton
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic