In the know
Ramsey residents young and old were quizzed about their village as part of a special Family Learning Week. Ramsey Community Information Centre hosted a free quiz, where families answered questions about or identified buildings and landmarks in the village
Ramsey residents young and old were quizzed about their village as part of a special Family Learning Week.
Ramsey Community Information Centre hosted a free quiz, where families answered questions about or identified buildings and landmarks in the village.
First prize was awarded to Tiffany Hicks, 11, while second prize was claimed by 90-year-old William Jones.
Mr Jones and Tiffany picked up their prize of a digital camera, courtesy of Ramsey's Abbey College, at a special ceremony opened by Huntingdonshire District Council chairman Councillor Phillip Swales.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey College headteacher Wayne Birks and Cllr Andrew Hansard, chairman of the Ramsey Learning Community, were on hand to present the prizes.
Ten other entrants received certificates in recognition of their achievement.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Community information centre adviser Val Fendley said: "It was great to see lots of families walking round and discovering Ramsey together.
"The quiz was part of a series of events across the week designed to help people learn a bit more about the place where they live."
# The quiz winners with, back row, third from left, Abbey College headteacher Wayne Birks, Ramsey CIC manager Julie Butcher, Cllr Andrew Hansard, Cllr Phillip Swales and CIC adviser Val Fendley.