In the know
Ramsey residents young and old were quizzed about their village as part of a special Family Learning Week. Ramsey Community Information Centre hosted a free quiz, where families answered questions about or identified buildings and landmarks in the village
Ramsey residents young and old were quizzed about their village as part of a special Family Learning Week.
Ramsey Community Information Centre hosted a free quiz, where families answered questions about or identified buildings and landmarks in the village.
First prize was awarded to Tiffany Hicks, 11, while second prize was claimed by 90-year-old William Jones.
Mr Jones and Tiffany picked up their prize of a digital camera, courtesy of Ramsey's Abbey College, at a special ceremony opened by Huntingdonshire District Council chairman Councillor Phillip Swales.
You may also want to watch:
Abbey College headteacher Wayne Birks and Cllr Andrew Hansard, chairman of the Ramsey Learning Community, were on hand to present the prizes.
Ten other entrants received certificates in recognition of their achievement.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
Community information centre adviser Val Fendley said: "It was great to see lots of families walking round and discovering Ramsey together.
"The quiz was part of a series of events across the week designed to help people learn a bit more about the place where they live."
# The quiz winners with, back row, third from left, Abbey College headteacher Wayne Birks, Ramsey CIC manager Julie Butcher, Cllr Andrew Hansard, Cllr Phillip Swales and CIC adviser Val Fendley.