Imitation firearms seized from youths in Huntingdonshire
TWO imitation firearms have been seized from teenagers who were playing with them in a public place. Police have issued a warning after the two replica guns were confiscated from youngsters in Huntingdonshire earlier this month.The guns, which are used
TWO imitation firearms have been seized from teenagers who were playing with them in a public place.
Police have issued a warning after the two replica guns were confiscated from youngsters in Huntingdonshire earlier this month.
The guns, which are used for airsoft games, had been made to look like an Armalite M15 assault rifle and a long barrelled snipers rifle.
Airsoft guns fire plastic BB bullets using compressed air and should only be used in areas dedicated to airsoft activities.
You may also want to watch:
The use, or possession of any kind of replica weapon, loaded or otherwise in a public place is an offence.
Inspector Vic Galpin said: "These airsoft guns are regularly designed to look like the real thing but these are two of the most realistic imitations I have ever seen.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 8 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
"We would like to send a strong message that these can only be legally used at areas dedicated to airsoft and paintball activities.
"As well as facing possible fines and prosecution anyone found carrying these items in public is placing themselves in danger.
"In certain circumstances, like poor light, these guns could easy be mistaken for the real thing and after giving a clear warning officers have a duty to disarm anyone who refuses to comply.