Imitation firearms seized from youths in Huntingdonshire
TWO imitation firearms have been seized from teenagers who were playing with them in a public place. Police have issued a warning after the two replica guns were confiscated from youngsters in Huntingdonshire earlier this month.The guns, which are used
TWO imitation firearms have been seized from teenagers who were playing with them in a public place.
Police have issued a warning after the two replica guns were confiscated from youngsters in Huntingdonshire earlier this month.
The guns, which are used for airsoft games, had been made to look like an Armalite M15 assault rifle and a long barrelled snipers rifle.
Airsoft guns fire plastic BB bullets using compressed air and should only be used in areas dedicated to airsoft activities.
You may also want to watch:
The use, or possession of any kind of replica weapon, loaded or otherwise in a public place is an offence.
Inspector Vic Galpin said: "These airsoft guns are regularly designed to look like the real thing but these are two of the most realistic imitations I have ever seen.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
"We would like to send a strong message that these can only be legally used at areas dedicated to airsoft and paintball activities.
"As well as facing possible fines and prosecution anyone found carrying these items in public is placing themselves in danger.
"In certain circumstances, like poor light, these guns could easy be mistaken for the real thing and after giving a clear warning officers have a duty to disarm anyone who refuses to comply.