Illegal rave arrests
POLICE officers were attacked with fire extinguishers as they tried to break up an illegal rave at a disused factory on the edge of Warboys. Nine people were arrested and another was taken to hospital and later released after an eight-hour illegal rave to
POLICE officers were attacked with fire extinguishers as they tried to break up an illegal rave at a disused factory on the edge of Warboys.
Nine people were arrested and another was taken to hospital and later released after an eight-hour illegal rave took place overnight on Saturday and Sunday.
Police from Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Suffolk were called to break up the rave, which had attracted about 300 people but, when they arrived at about 12.30am on Sunday, fire extinguishers were sprayed and thrown at the officers.
Several men from Hertfordshire and Hampshire, aged between 21 and 28, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
Police also seized several thousand pounds worth of music equipment and a number of vehicles.
The crowd had gathered at a disused factory just off the A141 near Warboys.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 9 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 10 Mayor in heated clash with East Cambs Council leader
Superintendent Mike Brown said: "As well as being a serious infringement of landowners' rights, illegal raves are dangerous and put public safety at risk."
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 4564564.