Illegal rave arrests
POLICE officers were attacked with fire extinguishers as they tried to break up an illegal rave at a disused factory on the edge of Warboys. Nine people were arrested and another was taken to hospital and later released after an eight-hour illegal rave to
POLICE officers were attacked with fire extinguishers as they tried to break up an illegal rave at a disused factory on the edge of Warboys.
Nine people were arrested and another was taken to hospital and later released after an eight-hour illegal rave took place overnight on Saturday and Sunday.
Police from Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Suffolk were called to break up the rave, which had attracted about 300 people but, when they arrived at about 12.30am on Sunday, fire extinguishers were sprayed and thrown at the officers.
Several men from Hertfordshire and Hampshire, aged between 21 and 28, were arrested on suspicion of affray.
You may also want to watch:
Police also seized several thousand pounds worth of music equipment and a number of vehicles.
The crowd had gathered at a disused factory just off the A141 near Warboys.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
Superintendent Mike Brown said: "As well as being a serious infringement of landowners' rights, illegal raves are dangerous and put public safety at risk."
Anyone with information should contact Cambridgeshire police on 0845 4564564.