Icing on the cake at Head Start
Youngsters at Head Start Nursery School, Ramsey, celebrated with a special cake after the school qualified for an Investors in Children award. The award was made by the Centre for Research in Early Childhood at University College, Worcester. Children and
Youngsters at Head Start Nursery School, Ramsey, celebrated with a special cake after the school qualified for an Investors in Children award.
The award was made by the Centre for Research in Early Childhood at University College, Worcester.
Children and staff celebrated at the presentation of the certificate by Councillor Susan Normington, chairman of Cambridgeshire County Council. The cake had the Investors in Children logo.
This award is the result of two years of hard work by the staff who undertook a self-evaluation programme by questioning parents and children about the setting, observing and recording the children as they played and learned, and also observing each other and recording staff interaction with the children.
You may also want to watch:
The information was collated into a 44-page report. Some of the changes during the process included a staff handbook and, at the request of the children, more toys.
* Councillor Susan Normington, right, with Adele Costello, director of Head Start Nursery, and youngsters celebrate their Investors in Children Award. Helping to cut the cake are Chloe Preston, Emily Kirton, Charlotte Hepburn, Ben Hudson and Jake McClanaghan.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 5 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Event to remember village's war hero
- 9 St Neots Town get new boss as Corr takes up Cambridge post
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
Picture: HUNTS POST 2750.