I was not attacking the litter-pickers
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants alon
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants along the roads and generally abusing the town we live in.
I do agree that this is a matter for the council, but places like the Lounge, where all the cigarette ends are, should be made to clear up their mess, and the fast food places should do the same.
As for his post-prandial suggestion, it was not an after dinner walk: it was a walk into town at 10am.
I wish I hadn't bothered writing in as it seems people read a genuine letter, get the wrong end of the stick and it all gets blown up from there.
You may also want to watch:
St Audrey Lane
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 6 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor