I was not attacking the litter-pickers
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants alon
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants along the roads and generally abusing the town we live in.
I do agree that this is a matter for the council, but places like the Lounge, where all the cigarette ends are, should be made to clear up their mess, and the fast food places should do the same.
As for his post-prandial suggestion, it was not an after dinner walk: it was a walk into town at 10am.
I wish I hadn't bothered writing in as it seems people read a genuine letter, get the wrong end of the stick and it all gets blown up from there.
St Audrey Lane
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years