I was not attacking the litter-pickers
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants alon
IN reply to M Rodgers letter (April 9) and K Jones (April 16) in reply to my letter (April 2), I would like to confirm I was not finding fault with the litter pickers in St Ives. My problem was with the people creating the mess, pulling up the plants along the roads and generally abusing the town we live in.
I do agree that this is a matter for the council, but places like the Lounge, where all the cigarette ends are, should be made to clear up their mess, and the fast food places should do the same.
As for his post-prandial suggestion, it was not an after dinner walk: it was a walk into town at 10am.
I wish I hadn't bothered writing in as it seems people read a genuine letter, get the wrong end of the stick and it all gets blown up from there.
You may also want to watch:
St Audrey Lane
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020