I'm none of those things
I WOULD like to thank the 620 people of Eaton Socon who voted for me on May 1. Their faith in supporting me and the work I do in my own village of Eaton Socon is very much appreciated. To the 146 who switched allegiance I would just like to put the record
I WOULD like to thank the 620 people of Eaton Socon who voted for me on May 1. Their faith in supporting me and the work I do in my own village of Eaton Socon is very much appreciated.
To the 146 who switched allegiance I would just like to put the record straight and confirm that the new play equipment was not campaigned for by anybody, but is part of the rolling St Neots Town Council programme of refurbishment of all our play equipment, that I do not give out houses to illegal immigrants, that I do not earn £50,000 per year by being a councillor, that I am not homosexual, that I do not have sexual affairs with local residents, that I did not jeopardise a cinema coming to our town, that I have not used the offensive term "pauper's grave" in any connection, that I have always supported our carnival and am not responsible for its sad demise, that I have not stopped freedom of speech or question time at the town council meetings, and I am certainly not responsible for the abolition of the Government's 10 per cent tax band.
Putting all that aside, the one thing I would like to reassure everyone of whatever political persuasion is that I will continue to work at town council level for the benefit of the town and, in particular, the ward where I live, Eaton Socon.
Let St Neots flourish.
You may also want to watch:
DEREK A GILES
Eaton Socon Ward
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton