I'm none of those things
I WOULD like to thank the 620 people of Eaton Socon who voted for me on May 1. Their faith in supporting me and the work I do in my own village of Eaton Socon is very much appreciated. To the 146 who switched allegiance I would just like to put the record
I WOULD like to thank the 620 people of Eaton Socon who voted for me on May 1. Their faith in supporting me and the work I do in my own village of Eaton Socon is very much appreciated.
To the 146 who switched allegiance I would just like to put the record straight and confirm that the new play equipment was not campaigned for by anybody, but is part of the rolling St Neots Town Council programme of refurbishment of all our play equipment, that I do not give out houses to illegal immigrants, that I do not earn £50,000 per year by being a councillor, that I am not homosexual, that I do not have sexual affairs with local residents, that I did not jeopardise a cinema coming to our town, that I have not used the offensive term "pauper's grave" in any connection, that I have always supported our carnival and am not responsible for its sad demise, that I have not stopped freedom of speech or question time at the town council meetings, and I am certainly not responsible for the abolition of the Government's 10 per cent tax band.
Putting all that aside, the one thing I would like to reassure everyone of whatever political persuasion is that I will continue to work at town council level for the benefit of the town and, in particular, the ward where I live, Eaton Socon.
Let St Neots flourish.
You may also want to watch:
DEREK A GILES
Eaton Socon Ward
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery