I’m no fuddy duddy
I WOULD like to respond to Tracey Read s letter (November 15). First, just because I am a Poppy organiser does not mean that I am an old fuddy duddy, as anyone who actually knows me can tell you. Secondly, I have three sons all of whom attended the playsc
I WOULD like to respond to Tracey Read's letter (November 15).
First, just because I am a Poppy organiser does not mean that I am an old fuddy duddy, as anyone who actually knows me can tell you. Secondly, I have three sons all of whom attended the playschool (as it was then) and I did my fair share of fundraising, along with all the other parents at that time. If the reindeer parade had been suggested back then, I would still have objected to it as inappropriate. Thirdly, I was one of the parish councillors who voted for the pre-school to be given the sum of £3,500 out of this year's precept.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 6 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care