I’m no fuddy duddy
I WOULD like to respond to Tracey Read s letter (November 15). First, just because I am a Poppy organiser does not mean that I am an old fuddy duddy, as anyone who actually knows me can tell you. Secondly, I have three sons all of whom attended the playsc
I WOULD like to respond to Tracey Read's letter (November 15).
First, just because I am a Poppy organiser does not mean that I am an old fuddy duddy, as anyone who actually knows me can tell you. Secondly, I have three sons all of whom attended the playschool (as it was then) and I did my fair share of fundraising, along with all the other parents at that time. If the reindeer parade had been suggested back then, I would still have objected to it as inappropriate. Thirdly, I was one of the parish councillors who voted for the pre-school to be given the sum of £3,500 out of this year's precept.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 8 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'