I’d gladly pay
I READ in The Hunts Post, to my mother s and my dismay, about the parking disputes in Priory Road. My mother has been a resident at Brookside (opposite Sainsbury s) for more than 20 years, and has never had an issue about parking because she has never dri
I READ in The Hunts Post, to my mother's and my dismay, about the parking disputes in Priory Road.
My mother has been a resident at Brookside (opposite Sainsbury's) for more than 20 years, and has never had an issue about parking because she has never driven.
Now over the past couple of years (as I have moved out) I have parked in Priory Road when I visit my mother on a near-daily basis.
Because my mother lives on the junction from Brookside with Priory Road we have inquired about having a dropped curb like some of the residents, but has been disallowed as it is close to the junction. So I have no option but to park there.
You may also want to watch:
I have had various discussions with the police, council, highways and even Councillor Tom Sanderson on how we can overcome this problem, as numerous residents frown on my parking in "their road" and I have had my car vandalised on a few occasions (not accusing here).
I welcome this parking scheme and would gladly pay to have a parking spot near to my mother's house.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 5 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 6 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 7 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 8 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 9 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 10 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
When this scheme was originally proposed, my mother's was the only reply the council had, and I feel my mother and I will not benefit now because only a few residents responded and the scheme has backfired.
Incidentally, we did not get any information on the new scheme, which is also unfair.
So can somebody please help me and my mother and let me park near my mother's home.
HILARY MEERS, Elm Close, Huntingdon