I always respond to letters - MP
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O Connor s letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence. Th
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O'Connor's letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence.
This is not the case. I correspond with constituents on a regular basis whenever an issue is raised with me. Indeed, I have written 14 letters either to or on behalf of Mr and Mrs O'Connor in the period since July last year. Sadly, their case is complex and cannot be quickly resolved, but I believe that I have assisted the O'Connors to the best of my ability, a fact that Mr O'Connor testified to in his letter to me dated on only August 23 this year, which thanked me for my commitment to helping his family.
I appreciate that Mr O'Connor has differing political beliefs to mine, being the secretary of the St Neots Labour Party, but to suggest that I offer him any less support because of this would be plain wrong.
JONATHAN DJANOGLY MP
You may also want to watch:
House of Commons
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order