I always respond to letters - MP
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O Connor s letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence. Th
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O'Connor's letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence.
This is not the case. I correspond with constituents on a regular basis whenever an issue is raised with me. Indeed, I have written 14 letters either to or on behalf of Mr and Mrs O'Connor in the period since July last year. Sadly, their case is complex and cannot be quickly resolved, but I believe that I have assisted the O'Connors to the best of my ability, a fact that Mr O'Connor testified to in his letter to me dated on only August 23 this year, which thanked me for my commitment to helping his family.
I appreciate that Mr O'Connor has differing political beliefs to mine, being the secretary of the St Neots Labour Party, but to suggest that I offer him any less support because of this would be plain wrong.
JONATHAN DJANOGLY MP
House of Commons
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital