I always respond to letters - MP
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O Connor s letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence. Th
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O'Connor's letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence.
This is not the case. I correspond with constituents on a regular basis whenever an issue is raised with me. Indeed, I have written 14 letters either to or on behalf of Mr and Mrs O'Connor in the period since July last year. Sadly, their case is complex and cannot be quickly resolved, but I believe that I have assisted the O'Connors to the best of my ability, a fact that Mr O'Connor testified to in his letter to me dated on only August 23 this year, which thanked me for my commitment to helping his family.
I appreciate that Mr O'Connor has differing political beliefs to mine, being the secretary of the St Neots Labour Party, but to suggest that I offer him any less support because of this would be plain wrong.
JONATHAN DJANOGLY MP
You may also want to watch:
House of Commons
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 8 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week