I always respond to letters - MP
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O Connor s letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence. Th
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O'Connor's letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence.
This is not the case. I correspond with constituents on a regular basis whenever an issue is raised with me. Indeed, I have written 14 letters either to or on behalf of Mr and Mrs O'Connor in the period since July last year. Sadly, their case is complex and cannot be quickly resolved, but I believe that I have assisted the O'Connors to the best of my ability, a fact that Mr O'Connor testified to in his letter to me dated on only August 23 this year, which thanked me for my commitment to helping his family.
I appreciate that Mr O'Connor has differing political beliefs to mine, being the secretary of the St Neots Labour Party, but to suggest that I offer him any less support because of this would be plain wrong.
JONATHAN DJANOGLY MP
You may also want to watch:
House of Commons
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital