I always respond to letters - MP
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O Connor s letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence. Th
READERS will appreciate that I very rarely comment on the issues that my constituents raise with me. However, I felt the need to write following Nicky O'Connor's letter in The Hunts Post (September 16), claiming that I do not respond to correspondence.
This is not the case. I correspond with constituents on a regular basis whenever an issue is raised with me. Indeed, I have written 14 letters either to or on behalf of Mr and Mrs O'Connor in the period since July last year. Sadly, their case is complex and cannot be quickly resolved, but I believe that I have assisted the O'Connors to the best of my ability, a fact that Mr O'Connor testified to in his letter to me dated on only August 23 this year, which thanked me for my commitment to helping his family.
I appreciate that Mr O'Connor has differing political beliefs to mine, being the secretary of the St Neots Labour Party, but to suggest that I offer him any less support because of this would be plain wrong.
JONATHAN DJANOGLY MP
You may also want to watch:
House of Commons
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'