Husband arrested after wife is found dead at home
A HUSBAND has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in St Neots. Leonie Evans, aged 46, of Cornwallis Drive, Eaton Socon, died from a number of injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed. She had injuries to her head, nec
A HUSBAND has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in St Neots.
Leonie Evans, aged 46, of Cornwallis Drive, Eaton Socon, died from a number of injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed. She had injuries to her head, neck and body.
Police were called to the house shortly before midnight on Saturday, by the ambulance service.
An area around the property was cordoned off to enable forensic specialists to carry out investigations.
You may also want to watch:
Her husband, Andrew, 47, was arrested on Sunday and taken to Huntingdon Police Station for questioning. Police have been granted until the early hours of today (Wednesday) to continue questioning him.
Home Office pathologist Dr Nat Carey conducted a post-mortem at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 9 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
- 10 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
Police are appealing for information from the public regarding the murder.
Detective Chief Inspector Jim Bambridge said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have any information about this woman's death."
INFORMATION: Contact DCI Bambridge on 0845 4564564.