Husband arrested after wife is found dead at home
A HUSBAND has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in St Neots. Leonie Evans, aged 46, of Cornwallis Drive, Eaton Socon, died from a number of injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed. She had injuries to her head, nec
A HUSBAND has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in St Neots.
Leonie Evans, aged 46, of Cornwallis Drive, Eaton Socon, died from a number of injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed. She had injuries to her head, neck and body.
Police were called to the house shortly before midnight on Saturday, by the ambulance service.
An area around the property was cordoned off to enable forensic specialists to carry out investigations.
Her husband, Andrew, 47, was arrested on Sunday and taken to Huntingdon Police Station for questioning. Police have been granted until the early hours of today (Wednesday) to continue questioning him.
Home Office pathologist Dr Nat Carey conducted a post-mortem at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
Police are appealing for information from the public regarding the murder.
Detective Chief Inspector Jim Bambridge said: "I would like to hear from anyone who may have any information about this woman's death."
INFORMATION: Contact DCI Bambridge on 0845 4564564.