Hunts squash club does care for young people
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey. Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey.
Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and Social Club did little for the youth of the surrounding area.
That weekend, the club entertained the very best of British squash players to the delight of nearly 500 visitors from all over the country. The sports festival saw these youngsters at their very best, to the delight of everybody who attended.
The club provided food and refreshment throughout the weekend for players and supporters, and it was a joy to see so many young people at the club enjoying the sporting occasion and able to see all the fantastic facilities that are available for people of all ages and capabilities.
A huge pat on the back is due to all those who worked so hard to make this event possible and, through their efforts, may see the club grow and prosper for many years to come.
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 7 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 8 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 9 New defibrillator mounted in St Neots to help save lives
- 10 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast