Hunts squash club does care for young people
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey. Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey.
Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and Social Club did little for the youth of the surrounding area.
That weekend, the club entertained the very best of British squash players to the delight of nearly 500 visitors from all over the country. The sports festival saw these youngsters at their very best, to the delight of everybody who attended.
The club provided food and refreshment throughout the weekend for players and supporters, and it was a joy to see so many young people at the club enjoying the sporting occasion and able to see all the fantastic facilities that are available for people of all ages and capabilities.
You may also want to watch:
A huge pat on the back is due to all those who worked so hard to make this event possible and, through their efforts, may see the club grow and prosper for many years to come.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Volunteers needed for memorial nature reserve
- 5 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 6 Secret Garden Party to return after five years
- 7 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours