Hunts squash club does care for young people
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey. Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and
THE under-23 years British Squash Championships were hosted recently at Hemingford Squash Club, in Manor Road, Hemingford Grey.
Several months ago, one of your readers wrote several letters, complaining, unfairly in my view, that the Hemingford Sports and Social Club did little for the youth of the surrounding area.
That weekend, the club entertained the very best of British squash players to the delight of nearly 500 visitors from all over the country. The sports festival saw these youngsters at their very best, to the delight of everybody who attended.
The club provided food and refreshment throughout the weekend for players and supporters, and it was a joy to see so many young people at the club enjoying the sporting occasion and able to see all the fantastic facilities that are available for people of all ages and capabilities.
A huge pat on the back is due to all those who worked so hard to make this event possible and, through their efforts, may see the club grow and prosper for many years to come.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 4 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 7 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 8 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 9 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 10 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists