Hunts scouts bag some cash at fundraiser in Cambourne
BUSY BAGGERS: The young beavers, cubs and scouts from the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group were busy packing bags at Morrisons in Cambourne on Saturday (April 16) to help raise money towards a new shelter.
Generous customers helped the group raise �453.42 in just four hours, including one shopper who donated �10.
The children are raising money to pay for a new event shelter and to put towards various camps.
Louise Clover, the group’s chairman, said: “We are grateful for Morrisons’ customers showing their support for the opportunities scouting can offer by helping us raise funds. Quite often they seem keen to donate just so we don’t pack their shopping though!”
Kimberley Gretton, 10, a scout who took part in the fundraiser, added: “Having bag packed before I know if I smile a lot as I pack the bags then I help raise more money. It makes me feel good to know I’m helping pay towards a camp I’m going on by doing this.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact Louise Clover on 01480 831715 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk to find out more.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots