Hunts scouts bag some cash at fundraiser in Cambourne
BUSY BAGGERS: The young beavers, cubs and scouts from the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group were busy packing bags at Morrisons in Cambourne on Saturday (April 16) to help raise money towards a new shelter.
Generous customers helped the group raise �453.42 in just four hours, including one shopper who donated �10.
The children are raising money to pay for a new event shelter and to put towards various camps.
Louise Clover, the group’s chairman, said: “We are grateful for Morrisons’ customers showing their support for the opportunities scouting can offer by helping us raise funds. Quite often they seem keen to donate just so we don’t pack their shopping though!”
Kimberley Gretton, 10, a scout who took part in the fundraiser, added: “Having bag packed before I know if I smile a lot as I pack the bags then I help raise more money. It makes me feel good to know I’m helping pay towards a camp I’m going on by doing this.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact Louise Clover on 01480 831715 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk to find out more.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae
- 10 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary