Hunts scouts bag some cash at fundraiser in Cambourne
BUSY BAGGERS: The young beavers, cubs and scouts from the 1st Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group were busy packing bags at Morrisons in Cambourne on Saturday (April 16) to help raise money towards a new shelter.
Generous customers helped the group raise �453.42 in just four hours, including one shopper who donated �10.
The children are raising money to pay for a new event shelter and to put towards various camps.
Louise Clover, the group’s chairman, said: “We are grateful for Morrisons’ customers showing their support for the opportunities scouting can offer by helping us raise funds. Quite often they seem keen to donate just so we don’t pack their shopping though!”
Kimberley Gretton, 10, a scout who took part in the fundraiser, added: “Having bag packed before I know if I smile a lot as I pack the bags then I help raise more money. It makes me feel good to know I’m helping pay towards a camp I’m going on by doing this.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Contact Louise Clover on 01480 831715 or e-mail email@example.com. Visit www.cambridgeshirescouts.org.uk to find out more.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible