Hunts ring road to close again
HUNTINGDON S ring road will be closed again on Thursday morning to enable contractors to finish demolishing part of the district council s Pathfinder House headquarters. HDC had hoped the potentially risky part of the work would be finished on Tuesday – o
HUNTINGDON'S ring road will be closed again on Thursday morning to enable contractors to finish demolishing part of the district council's Pathfinder House headquarters.
HDC had hoped the potentially risky part of the work would be finished on Tuesday - or at the latest on Wednesday.
But when the ring road lane closure was lifted earlier than the 4.30 deadline on Wednesday, it was not because the work was finished.
"The contractors need to keep the building stable while they demolish the upper floors," said project director Richard Preston. "We lifted the lane closure while they did that, but it means there will have to be another closure on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
"The best advice I'm getting is that Thursday will be the last day."
Demolishing the lower floors carries no risk of debris falling near the road, so both lanes will remain open from then onwards.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens