Hunts ring road to close again
HUNTINGDON S ring road will be closed again on Thursday morning to enable contractors to finish demolishing part of the district council s Pathfinder House headquarters. HDC had hoped the potentially risky part of the work would be finished on Tuesday – o
HUNTINGDON'S ring road will be closed again on Thursday morning to enable contractors to finish demolishing part of the district council's Pathfinder House headquarters.
HDC had hoped the potentially risky part of the work would be finished on Tuesday - or at the latest on Wednesday.
But when the ring road lane closure was lifted earlier than the 4.30 deadline on Wednesday, it was not because the work was finished.
"The contractors need to keep the building stable while they demolish the upper floors," said project director Richard Preston. "We lifted the lane closure while they did that, but it means there will have to be another closure on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
"The best advice I'm getting is that Thursday will be the last day."
Demolishing the lower floors carries no risk of debris falling near the road, so both lanes will remain open from then onwards.
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall