Hunts loos busy, so need cleaning
I ACT as the property manager on behalf of the landlord at St Benedict s Court, Huntingdon, and am writing in response to the comments made by J C Dalgleish (Letters, April 15). The public toilets are open seven days a week and are normally available betw
I ACT as the property manager on behalf of the landlord at St Benedict's Court, Huntingdon, and am writing in response to the comments made by J C Dalgleish (Letters, April 15).
The public toilets are open seven days a week and are normally available between 9am and 5.30pm (10am-4.30pm on Sundays). This facility does become very busy, and at times there is a need to close the toilets in order for the caretaker to clean up. The only way to do this efficiently and safely is to lock the toilets off for a short time.
Unfortunately, these public toilets, like many others, are abused from time to time, and it is necessary to close them as a result of vandalism, graffiti or general misuse.
It is also worth noting that the general public toilet provision in Huntingdon town centre is limited, so the toilets that are available will be busier and, as a result, do require more maintenance and cleaning.
Centre manager, Workman Retail
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
St Benedict's Court