Hunts Lib-Dem agent to run for Westminster
THE LIBERAL Democratic Party now has a prospective candidate for Huntingdon for the General Election, which must be held before June. Martin Land is the campaigns manager for Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats and joined the Young Liberals and the Liberal P
THE LIBERAL Democratic Party now has a prospective candidate for Huntingdon for the General Election, which must be held before June.
Martin Land is the campaigns manager for Cambridgeshire Liberal Democrats and joined the Young Liberals and the Liberal Party in 1973. He is also a founder member of Alternative Lib�rale, a minority liberal movement in France.
He is married to Jeanette, who works in a St Neots care home and is an undergraduate student of English at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge. They have two sons, Frank and Robert, who attend Longsands College. They live just off the Market Square in the heart of St Neots.
Before settling in St Neots, Martin worked in Lyon, France, as president of a French IT company and before that as European sales and marketing manager for a major multi-national in Brussels, where his wife worked for the European Commission.
Martin has a BA in French, Spanish and Italian, a PGCE in French and Spanish and an MA in European language. He is currently studying for a Doctorate in Intercultural Studies.
"We all live in a wonderful part of the country, but it could be so much better," he said. The local Lib-Dems are committed to bring the facilities we need for the future and I share that commitment."
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, who will be seeking re-election, welcomed his opponent's declaration today. "I hope that Mr Land can quickly get up to speed on the important local concerns, given that his selection looks to be little more than three months before the general election," he said. "I will certainly look forward to hearing his policies."
Although June is the latest date by which the election must take place, it is more likely to be held in March or May.