Hunts couples to have marriage blessings on Valentine's Day
HAPPY couples will be given a ringing endorsement of their love this Valentine s Day at a church where the bells were out of action for more than 40 years. The couples are being invited to Alconbury cum Weston to have a blessing on their relationship to m
HAPPY couples will be given a ringing endorsement of their love this Valentine's Day at a church where the bells were out of action for more than 40 years.
The couples are being invited to Alconbury cum Weston to have a blessing on their relationship to mark St Valentine's Day, which this year is on a Sunday.
Since there were no bells rung at the Church of St Peter and St Paul, between 1966 and November last year (during which time some 200 couples got married) the church has invited them all back for a service...with bells on.
Reverend Mandy Flaherty, who is conducting the service, said: "Please come and renew your commitment, accompanied by bells this time."
The invitation is being extended to people who were married elsewhere and couples who have not married at all but would like a blessing.
Meanwhile, on the same day at Hartford Church, couples can renew their vows.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 3 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 4 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 7 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 8 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
- 9 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 10 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
Nicky Oliver, spokesman for All Saints Church, and her husband Jamie will renew their vows there on Valentine's Day.
She said: "It is such a lovely church and it will be nice to see some new faces there, everyone is welcome."
The service will be conducted by Reverend Mandy Flaherty.
INFORMATION: At St Peter and St Paul in Alconbury cum Weston, the service starts at 10am. Contact Churchwarden Richard Scott on 01480 890286. The service at All Saints Church, Hartford starts at 11am. See: www.allsaintshartford.org.uk