Hunts cinema gunman jailed for four years
THE masked gunman who attempted to rob a cinema in Huntingdon is behind bars. Daniel Crow, 24, of Park Lane, Godmanchester, was jailed for four years for the attempted robbery of Cineworld in Huntingdon with an imitation firearm on January 2. Peterborough
THE masked gunman who attempted to rob a cinema in Huntingdon is behind bars.
Daniel Crow, 24, of Park Lane, Godmanchester, was jailed for four years for the attempted robbery of Cineworld in Huntingdon with an imitation firearm on January 2.
Peterborough Crown Court heard how Crow entered the cinema in Tower Field Leisure Park wearing a black balaclava and brandishing a gun, and ordered staff to empty the till. When staff told him they were unable to do so, he turned the gun on members of the public.
He was chased out of the cinema and attempted to escape on a stolen bicycle, but was arrested within minutes by police.
You may also want to watch:
The judge told him he will serve two years of the sentence and be under licence for an extended period of four years.
Crow was also sentenced for one count of burglary of a charity shop in Huntingdon, two counts of theft and 14 other offences, to run concurrently.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford